Hope Beyond Abuse
Domestic violence can affect anyone.
Here’s a page of my top resources to get help.
- 1800 65 64 63 – DV Hotline
- 1800 RESPECT – DV Helpline
- Lifeline (131 114) is a 24 hour service helping callers contact crisis services in all States.
- Mensline Australia (1300 78 99 78), supports men and boys who are dealing with family and relationship difficulties.
- Kids Help Line (1800 551 800), telephone counselling for children and young people. E-mail and web counselling www.kidshelp.com.au
- Relationships Australia (1300 364 277 or Vic (03) 9261-8700), support groups and counselling on relationships, and for abusive and abused partners. www.relationships.com.au
- National Disability Abuse and Neglect Hotline (1800 880 052), an Australia-wide telephone hotline for reporting abuse and neglect of people with disability. www.disabilityhotline.org
- Safe Relationships Project (1800 65 64 63), provides men and women who are experiencing domestic violence in Same Sex relationships with support, advocacy, referral and information.
- LGBTIQ Domestic Violence Information: www.anothercloset.com.au
- Transgender and Transsexual People: Gender Centre Services for people with gender issues. Phone: (02) 9569 2366. www.gendercentre.org.au
- lntersex People: The Australian affiliate of Organisation Internationale des Intersexues (OII Australia) www.oii.org.au; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Domestic and intimate partner violence – An excellent resource on what intimate partner violence is. This site includes further resources for women in domestic violence situations.
- Domestic violence can happen to anyone – Resources from the NSW government.
- Full Stop Foundation – Full Stop Foundation aims to prevent domestic violence from happening. They have links to online counselling and 24/7 support.
- Family Court Family Violence – Information regarding family violence and the court.
- Money Smart – Finances are important, especially in post-violence situations where you may not have had control over money. The Money Smart website is full of practical tools to help you with money management.
Assaulted Women’s Helpline: Provides anonymous and confidential crisis counseling, informational and emotional support to women. (Toronto, ON)
Toll Free: 1-866-863-0511
Toll Free TTY: 1-866-863-7868
- Mental Health Crisis Line: A 24/7 helpline to assist people experiencing a mental health problem or crisis. (Ottawa, ON)
Toll Free: 1-866-996-0991
- British Columbia
Battered Women’s Support Services: Provides education, advocacy and support services to assist women. (Vancouver, BC)
Crisis line: 604-687-1867
Toll Free: 1-855-687-1868
Family Violence Info Line: 24/7 helpline in over 170 languages to provide support and advice for people experiencing family violence.
La Ronge 24-Hour Crisis Line: General crisis line for men and women in crisis in La Ronge, Saskatchewan. (La Ronge, SK)
Crisis Line: 306-425-4090
Toll-Free Province Wide Domestic Abuse Crisis Line (24 hours): General crisis line for people experiencing domestic violence and abuse in the province of Manitoba.
Toll Free: 1-877-977-0007
- Northwest Territories
NWT Help Line: General helpline there to provide support to those in crisis.
Nunavut Kamatsiaqtut Help Line: Provides anonymous and confidential counseling for northerners in crisis.
Toll Free: 1-800-265-3333
Domestic Violence Hotline: Provides anonymous and confidential domestic violence services via telephone or email. (Montreal, QC)
Toll free: 1-800-363-9010
Hope Haven Transition House Crisis Line: Provides confidential and safe emergency shelter to women and children who are experiencing violence and abuse. 24-hour crisis line offers information, emergency planning and emotional support. (Labrador City, NL)
Crisis Line: (709) 944-6900
Toll Free: 1-888-332-0000
- Nova Scotia
Helpline: General helpline for people experiencing crisis in Nova Scotia.
Toll Free: 1-877-521-1188
For mental health and suicide hotlines, search online for provision in your local area
- Ireland Women’s Aid for domestic abuse and sexual assault: 1800 341 900
- Aware (Depression & Bi-Polar Disorder): 1800 80 48 48
- Samaritans: 087 2 60 90 90
- National Suicide Helpline (Pieta House): 1800 247 247
- Are You Okay (family violence helpline): 0800 456 450
- Shine (confidential domestic abuse helpline): 0508 744 633
- Rape Crisis: 0800 883 300
- Lifeline (mental health support: 0800 543 354 (0800 LIFELINE) or free text 4357 (HELP)
- Suicide Crisis Helpline: 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO)
- 24-hour National Domestic Violence Freephone Helpline: 0808 2000 247
- Northern Ireland Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 802 1414
- Rape Crisis national freephone helpline: 0808 802 9999
- Northern Ireland: 0808 802 1414
- Centrepoint Young and Homeless helpline: 0808 800 0661
- Shelter — free housing advice helpline: 0808 800 4444
- Domestic Violence helpline: CALL 24/7/365 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
1-800-787-3224 (TTY for Deaf/Hard of Hearing)
- Mental Health helpline RAINN: 800-656-HOPE (4673)
- Suicide Prevention helpline: 1-800-273-8255