Hope Beyond Abuse
Domestic violence can affect anyone.
Here’s a page of my top resources to get help.
- 1800 65 64 63 – DV Hotline
- 1800 RESPECT – DV Helpline
- Lifeline (131 114) is a 24 hour service helping callers contact crisis services in all States.
- Mensline Australia (1300 78 99 78), supports men and boys who are dealing with family and relationship difficulties.
- Kids Help Line (1800 551 800), telephone counselling for children and young people. E-mail and web counselling www.kidshelp.com.au
- Relationships Australia (1300 364 277 or Vic (03) 9261-8700), support groups and counselling on relationships, and for abusive and abused partners. www.relationships.com.au
- National Disability Abuse and Neglect Hotline (1800 880 052), an Australia-wide telephone hotline for reporting abuse and neglect of people with disability. www.disabilityhotline.org
- Safe Relationships Project (1800 65 64 63), provides men and women who are experiencing domestic violence in Same Sex relationships with support, advocacy, referral and information.
- LGBTIQ Domestic Violence Information: www.anothercloset.com.au
- Transgender and Transsexual People: Gender Centre Services for people with gender issues. Phone: (02) 9569 2366. www.gendercentre.org.au
- lntersex People: The Australian affiliate of Organisation Internationale des Intersexues (OII Australia) www.oii.org.au; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Domestic and intimate partner violence – An excellent resource on what intimate partner violence is. This site includes further resources for women in domestic violence situations.
- Domestic violence can happen to anyone – Resources from the NSW government.
- Full Stop Foundation – Full Stop Foundation aims to prevent domestic violence from happening. They have links to online counselling and 24/7 support.
- Family Court Family Violence – Information regarding family violence and the court.
- Money Smart – Finances are important, especially in post-violence situations where you may not have had control over money. The Money Smart website is full of practical tools to help you with money management.
- 24-hour National Domestic Violence Freephone Helpline
0808 2000 247
- Refuge – For women and children against domestic violence
- Women’s aid – until women and children are safe
- Feminist Majority Foundation – Resources for those in domestic violence